Sunday, March 3, 2013

Fajita Recipe

My mom sent me this delicious fajita seasoning recipe that is sooo good and I thought I would share it. I know it's easy to just pick up a little packet at the store but if you're like me you forget some times. This is easy, and inexpensive, especially if you have all of these ingredients in your spice cupboard.

Prep time: 5 min. Total time: 5 min. Yield: 10 teaspoons
By Kathy at Food.com

Approximately 2 tablespoons equals 1 store-bought seasoning packet
Ingredients:


  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 2 teaspoons chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 3/4 teaspoon crushed chicken bouillon cubes
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon cumin

Directions

  1. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
  2. Use as needed in recipes calling for fajita seasoning.


  • I did add a little bit of water to mine because it was a little dry but that is up to you. We made ours with sliced onions, sliced red, orange, yellow and green peppers, sliced olives, grated cheese, and sliced chicken, all in a little tortilla. Kurt topped his with some sour cream.
    You could make this with chicken, steak, or shrimp.
    P.S. I have no idea what is going on with these fonts.


No comments: