Monday, September 3, 2012

It's only been five months...

Dude, I haven't blogged for five months and let me tell you, a lot has happened. Like a lot. Like I had a baby and that changes just about everything. I don't even know where to begin. What to catch up on and what not to. Okay here is what i'm going to do I'll start with May, and do one post until I get to August since it's the beginning of September.

Let's start with May.
 I graduated in May from SUU with a BS in Elementary Education. I was eight months pregnant and waddled across that stage to get my diploma and it was great.

Receiving my pretend diploma
 Couldn't have done it without these girls. We were together 24/7 during the BLOCK. I love them.




While we were all together Nicole and Gentry threw Allison and I the best joint baby shower ever. It was so much fun and they put a lot of work into it.



 Sister

Nicole and her pregnant friends!
I love my mom and my sister.

Like I mentioned above I was eight months pregnant. I wrote some of my feelings at the beginning of May on  how I was feeling about almost becoming a mother. I will share them on here:

"I'm 35 weeks TODAY! Woo! Although I feel like i'm 48 weeks. I have one big belly.
I crave popsicles, smoothies, and other fruity or sour things.
I'm anemic and having some trouble keeping my iron level and blood count up. Scary.
I found some stretch marks on my hips the other day and ruined the whole day for me. But once I threw a pity party for a day I moved on and realized I would take stretch marks over not being able to have a baby.
The boy either loves or hates music. He moves like crazy in church.
Heart burn is the worst.
I'm wearing Kurt's shirts and having a hard time finding cute outfits to wear.
Feeling the boy move will never get old. Everyone says that but It's so true.
I'M NOT READY!

Seriously though I don't feel ready for him to come. Reality hit when I opened the bag of newborn diapers and I thought, "Omg, a tiny human little body is going to fit in those and i'm responsible to take care of him." Then boom. The anxiety all came at once. I don't have enough blankets, or binkies or diapers. I need socks, and onsies and burp cloths. What do I put in my hospital bag and when do I pack that?! I want a cute diaper bag, but which one?! Oh don't worry the list continues! Everyone tells me i'm overreacting because I still have one more baby shower, but it doesn't help. Hopefully I can get a grip and finish out this pregnancy feeling prepared. I'm not working on a nursery because I will do that when we move back to Logan in August. So you'd think that would lighten the load a little but it hasn't yet. I'm grateful for Kurt. He can calm me down and make me feel better for awhile but it comes right back. I'm losing it! Ready or not he is coming in five weeks give or take a week and I really am excited to see his cute little face."


After reading this right now I realize all that was for nothing. It's amazing how everything just works out and If you don't have something you find a way to do without. I'm such a worrier and of course it was totally for nothing :) and I had my second shower and was showered with many gifts from wonderful family and friends.

Well I hope you look forward to June! That one is a doosy.



2 comments:

The Marchant Family: said...

Lol! You are too cute Whit! I love you and am glad for some updates. I hope you're loving your new place in Logan. Kassidy asked me the other day when you and Kurt were going to come visit us. So??? When are you? WE miss you already!

elysebeard said...

what are you waiting for?? Post pictures of your baby already!!!