Monday, June 28, 2010

Pearl Harbor

We went to Pearl Harbor the last day in Hawaii. I was really excited to see the Arizona down in the water.When we got there we found out that they only sell so many tickets for the boat ride out there and the tickets were sold out by 10:00. We got there at 11:00. Lame. I was so sad. We decided to go on the USS Missouri which is a ship that was struck during the Pearl Harbor attack but didn't sink. They were able to repair it and it was the ship that the Japanese surrendered on. It was HUGE! Huge is an understatement. This thing was massive. It was really fascinating and it really hit home to actually be there and think about everything that happened that day. It is amazing that we have a place where we can honor those men and women that died that day.



USS Missouri


Arizona


Missouri






Anchor






2 comments:

Melanie said...

All I can say is I'm so Jealous!!! We miss you guys. We are excited to see you guys soon. Love ya

michael. mindy. dane. said...

So fun! I am so so jealous! These pictures are all so cute. You are so cute. What was that crap about a double chin? Get real. You and Kurt are cute. YOu 2 need to move up here so the 4 of us can hang out and be friends. I've told you that Michael thinks Kurt is cool, right? Eeeven though he doesn't know him..wrestling adn fire fighting equals cool though I guess! Has Kurt been on any fires? Michael is going crazy. We're praying for it! And I'm sure you are too! haha. Miss you, Whit!