Tuesday, January 29, 2013

December

I'm so sick of these month to month posts so I am finally done with them and i'm combining December and January. And then. BOOM. Done with month to month crap.....for now ;)

We went to temple square with my best friend Aubrey and her husband Jordan. It was snowy and chilly and I loved it. I love Christmas lights and the temple so it was a win win. We went in to see the Christ statue and it was a wonderful way to kick off the Christmas season. I think we will make it a tradition every December. There is nothing better than feeling Christmasy with hot chocolate, twinkling lights, snow lightly falling and in the company of good friends.We also went shopping at City Creek and went to dinner at The Pie. Who doesn't like shopping and pizza? All good things.







For Christmas my grandparents always have a party on Christmas Eve. It is fun being with my mom's side of the family. We do a white elephant gift as well as a regular draw-the-name-out-of-a-hat gift. This party is so funny because it has been exactly the same since I can remember. We have the same food, same games, same table setting and my family always sits at the same table. It's funny. Christmas was so fun with Maddax this year. I loved pretending he knew what was going on and getting excited for all his presents.
 ^^^That hair in my eye totally bugs me. ^^^


 Christmas morning with his stocking. He makes everything so much better.


January has pretty much been full of sicky babies, school, work and Aggie basketball games. My mother and father-in-law came to visit us for a weekend and Maddax loved all of the attention. He showed off jumping in his jumper-roo that he got for Christmas. We were going to go to a hockey game but Maddman got sick with a cold so we said, "mmmm, better not." -Fat Amy from the movie Pitch Perfect. If you haven't seen it. Get. It. Now. I quote it all the time. I digress. Now he has a cold and pink eye. So I am actually home from work with him right now catching up this ol' blog.



 ^^^BLURRY! Dang point-and-shoot.^^^


These next pictures were taken in December so he has two new teeth poking up now but I wanted to post these and write about my 7 month old Bubba.

-His nicknames are, Maddman, Maddawg, Maggix, sugar booger, bubba, big guy, and little hoot owl because he makes these little owl sounds that are so adorable.
-Weighs in at a whopping 20 lbs. and 28 inches long. 90th percentile for Height people....
-Can sit up, roll over both ways, and can almost clap his hands.
-He was sleeping through the night until he got sick. Now his nasty cough wakes him up a lot.
-I don't have to rock him to get him to go to sleep. I just lay him down and he puts himself to sleep.
-He sleeps with a favorite blanket and has traded Brutus the Bear for Marcell the sock Monkey.
-Still takes three naps everyday.
-Loves his babysitter April Luck, Auntie Ash, and all of his grandmas and grandpas, and mom and dad of course.
- He is pretty good to go to new people. Sometimes he will pull out the pouty lip and we just tell him to be brave.
 -Eating solid foods and loves all of it. He didn't like green beans at first but now he loves them. He's just like his dad and will eat anything you give him.
-He can hold his own bottle and always plays with the nipple when he is finished.
-He isn't nursing anymore. It makes me sad but i'm happy we were able to make it seven months.

-He has no interest in crawling right now.
-Loves reading books before bed time while his is having his bottle.
-I love when he jabbers and talks to me. He jabbers when he plays with his toys too.
- Will watch any movie or tv show and especially anything with lots of color. His favorites are Toy Story 3, Despicable Me, Tangled, Sid the Science Kid (Soooo annoying) and Curious George. We are currently in the process of having him watch Baby Signing Time and I swear he can already sign "more". Am I a bad mom for letting him watch movies? Probably, but he loves it and sometimes it's the only way I can get him to calm down if he is screaming. Don't Judge. ;)
-Loves music.
-Making him clap his hands, or patty cake makes for an instant giggle or smile.
-He is so tender hearted so if you really scare him, or pretend like your crying or if there is any really loud noise, he will pull the lip out and it breaks your heart. On the signing movie there is a part where they teach the sign "hurt". It shows babies signing hurt and crying. The first couple of times he watched it he cried with them. It doesn't get sweeter than that.
-So adorably ticklish.
- He is such a good, happy baby with the sweetest giggle and smile. (Although, he shows he has a bit of temper when you take something from him that he really wants. It's usually something he isn't supposed to have.) We are completely smitten with him and I can't get enough of his slobbery, open mouth, baby kisses and those big blue eyes.


NOVEMBER POST BELOW....

4 comments:

The Marchant Family: said...

Oh my gosh I love this boy! Pretty much as much as my own kids :) sorry to hear he's sick though :( love he updates Whit!

michael. mindy. dane. said...

he is so freaking cute! i don't know why, but he reminds me of dane. i guess just because he seems so happy and smiley. i love him and don't even know him. he is at such a fun age! i love that age. they are so fun. anyway. now that i can stop being creeper about loving your baby...

love your bangs! you guys are such a cute little family. sorry he's sick :( dane is sick too and i am paranoid that cole is getting sick. this winter sucks! anyway. i just love you :)

Anonymous said...

I love it when you update! I miss you lots friend. We need to meet up on a weekend you guys are free and meet in SLC or something. I'm so glad that you are doing well.
Your little Maddax is getting so big. Havyn still has zero teeth so that's awesome that he has some coming through! Also you look adorable with bangs. I love them.
And you're not a bad mom to let him watch movies. Havyn is the same way and loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse a lot and I'm the same way with Sid the Science Kid. I can't stand that show. I'm curious what signing movie do you have? I've been doing my own with Havyn but would love to start doing a video? Let me know.

Anonymous said...

Oh I love going to temple square. You have the cutest family!