Monday, May 9, 2011

Alone again...

But not for long! Kurt has started the forest service again today. Which means i'm left home alone to pack. Pack? Yes. We are moving to Beaver for the summer to save money. I've had mixed feelings about moving there only because Kurt will be on fires all summer and I don't really know anyone in Beaver so i'll be alone a lot. But I've decided that it will be OK. I'm getting a job there, don't know where yet, but I am. Then come fall, back to Cedar I go, and clear up to Logan Kurt goes. Kurt is transferring to Utah State to finish his engineering degree there. USU supposedly has the best engineering program in the state so i'm happy for him. I, on the other hand, will be finishing my degree in Cedar. I'm student teaching at Iron Springs elementary in third and fifth grade classes. I originally wanted to student teach in Logan but I was discouraged to do so by a grumpy professor at SUU. He said USU doesn't like us in their territory. WHATEV. It'll only be for 60 days so I think we can handle it. Which means i'm moving to Logan at the beginning of winter. Don't know how I feel about that. It will definitely take some getting used to. Everyone we've talked to has LOVED living in Logan so that is a comfort. I'm excited to start a new adventure. As for now our summer will consist of, some fires (hopefully), a job for me, Lake Powell, The Little Mermaid at Tuachan (i'm stoked), many visits to Manti, maybe some camping here and there, some hiking, and whatever else we decide to do. I love summer. This is where we were last summer around this time...


This, my friends, is a little place I like to call Hawaii. I wish I was there. Well, that's all for now! Have a good day. I found this picture of us when we were dating. Thought I would share it. This was my first trip to Cedar to see Kurt.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you need anything over here you let me know! I will be around all summer. If you want to get out of the house or anything give me a call and we will go for a little walk around the walking path or for a ride or something! I am serious too, I cant imagine living where you know no one and your hubby working all the time!

michael. mindy. dane. said...

this picture is so cute!

i'm sorry that you guys are going to be apart for so long :( that is boring. but hey! my sister lives on the way to beaver, so when i go to her house i can stop and see you!

kurt is starting with fires early! michael doesn't start for like 3 more weeks or something. okay, so i guess it's not that early.

everyone i know in logan loves it! i bet you will too!

are you livign with his parents in beaver? or what? that will be nice to save money!

longest comment ever. sheesh! sorry.

elysebeard said...

yuck....we had to do the same thing when I was student teaching. You'll be so busy though, that you'll hardly even notice ;). I'm so excited that you're almost done with school! You'll have so much fun at iron springs. Anyway, I enjoy blog stalking you. Good luck this next semester! I'm jealous!